TN-4D-SE Direct Drive Turntable, Walnut
New motor, developed exclusively for direct-drive turntables
The TN-4D-SE uses a sleek, brushless DC motor, offering crystal-locked speed accuracy, regulated by a computer-controlled feedback circuit and achieving low wow-and-flutter levels for a direct drive turntable, especially one with such a stylish, low-profile design.
Knife-edge, pivot-point tonearm bearings
In collaboration with SAEC Corporation, a world-famous, high-end tonearm manufacturer, the TN-4D's tonearm employs a knife-edge, pivot-point bearing. Unlike the case for tonearms with conventional bearings, any fine vertical movements encountered by this tonearm actually help in delivering a more dynamic sound with excellent resolution. The S-shaped tonearm also employs a universal headshell fitting, allowing users to quickly and easily swap cartridges/headshells, and supports a wide range of cartridge weights (from 14 - 23g).
Precision anti-skating and stylus-pressure adjustment
As you might expect, the tonearm is equipped with a counterweight, for precise stylus-pressure adjustment, and an anti-skating mechanism.
Pre-installed Oyster cartridge by SUMIKO
The TN-4D-SE comes with a well-regarded Oyster MM cartridge from SUMIKO – a legendary American cartridge manufacturer. Regardless of the type of music, the Oyster cartridge delivers a powerful but insightful performance.
Built-in PHONO EQ amplifier supporting MM cartridges
The TN-4D-SE comes with a built-in PHONO EQ amplifier that allows you to directly connect the turntable to the line-level inputs of your existing hi-fi system. The NJM8080 IC from New Japan Radio Corporation is employed for op-amp duties, bringing up the level of the tiny signals received via the cartridge up to LINE level strength without any loss of quality.
Die-cast aluminium platter
In conjunction with the newly-developed motor, the high inertia, die-cast aluminium platter helps to achieve better speed stability.
Insulating feet with excellent shock absorption
The insulating feet comprise a machined aluminium shell topped with a rubber cushion that is fixed to the high-density MDF plinth. Thanks to their excellent shock absorption characteristics the TN-4D-SE is very resistant to acoustic feedback.
2-speed turntable for 33-⅓ and 45 rpm
The TN-4D-SE supports 33-⅓ and 45 rpm for LP and EP records. Our insistence on quality engineering can even be seen in the construction of the rotary control for start-up/speed selection, formed of machined aluminium.
Features at a glance
- Direct-drive analog turntable
- Crystal-locked speed stability, thanks to a new brushless DC motor with feedback control
- Die-cast aluminium platter
- Knife-edge, pivot-point tonearm base, designed by high-end tonearm manufacturer SAEC
- Multi-layer piano black or natural walnut veneer finish
- Built-in PHONO EQ amplifier for high-quality sound (PHONO/LINE switchable)
- Audiophile-grade NJM8080 op-amp used in PHONO EQ stage
- 2-speed drive offering 33-⅓ and 45 rpm
- Gold-plated oxidation-resistant output connectors
- Oyster MM cartridge by SUMIKO
- Shock-absorbing insulating feet
- GND terminal
- RoHS compliant
- Felt Mat
- EP Adapter
- Counter Weight
- Head-shell (SUMIKO Oyster installed)
- Dust Cover
- Hinges × 2
- RCA Audio cable with GND terminal
- AC Adapter (GPE036W-24015)
- Owner's Manual (including Warranty Card)
For more specifications, see the datasheet in the downloads tab.